Translate the words given in the text in bold. 45
3. Match the words with their definitions:
|1. constitution||1. a written public announcement of intentions or of the terms of an agreement|
|2. typhoon||2.the pointed top of a mountain|
|3. peak||3. a tropical storm in the region of the Indian or western Pacific oceans|
|4. armaments||4. military weapons and equipment|
|5. chamber||5. the movable articles that are used to make a room or building suitable for living or working in, such as tables, chairs, or desks|
|6. to dedicate||6. the process or period of gathering in crops|
|7. to plant||7. to devote (time or effort) to a particular task or purpose|
|8. furniture||8. one of the houses of a parliament|
|9. harvest||9. to put in the ground so that it can grow|
|10. declaration||10. a body of fundamental principles or established precedents according to which a state or other organization is acknowledged to be governed|
4. Complete the sentence with the words and phrases below:
1. blowing; 2. rich; 3. plant; 4. borders on; 5. stretches; 6. is dedicated 7. On the whole; 8. copper and oil;9. is elected; 10. Chambers.
1. The USA is situated in the central part of the North American continent and … from the Pacific to the Atlantic Ocean.
2. The USA … Canada in the north and on Mexico in the south.
3. Hot winds … from the Gulf of Mexico often bring typhoons.
4. The USA is … in natural and mineral resources.
5. America is the leading producer of … and the world’s second producer of iron ore and coal.
6. American farmers … spring wheat on the cold western plains.
7. The President of the US … for four years.
8. Congress is the American parliament which consists of two … .
9. Memorial Day in the USA … to the memory of those who died for America in different wars.
10. … the United States of America can be of great interest both to tourists and to people studying its life and territory.