Страдательный залог 163
Exercise 48. Раскройте скобки, поставив глаголы в Present Simple Passive.
Например: Breakfast is served (serve) in Pierrot’s Restaurant between 7 and 10.
1. Dinner … (serve) between 8 and 10 p.m. in Main Restaurant.
2. Newspapers … (sell) at the Reception Desk.
3. Rooms … (clean) by Maid Service daily.
4. Hot water … (supply) 24 hours a day.
5. Films … (show) every night at 10 p.m.
6. Telephone calls … (make) at the Reception Desk.
Exercise 49. Раскройте скобки, поставив глаголы в Past Simple Passive.
Two men 1) were seen (see) breaking into a house in my street last night. The police 2) … (call) and they arrived very quickly. One man 3) … (catch) immediately. The other escaped, but he 4) … (find) very soon. Both men 5) … (take) to the police station where they 6) … (question) separately by a police officer. The two men 7) … (charge) with burglary.
Exercise 50. Раскройте скобки, поставив глаголы в Present Simple, Past Simple и Future Simple Passive.
1. Bread … (eat) every day. 2. The letter … (receive) yesterday. 3. Nick … (send) to Moscow next week. 4. I … (ask) at the lesson yesterday. 5. Many houses … (build) in our town every year. 6. This work … (do) tomorrow. 7. These texts … (translate) at the last lesson. 8. We … (invite) to a concert last Saturday. 9. Hockey … (play) in winter. 10. His new book … (finish) next year. 11. Many houses … (burn) during the Great Fire in London. 12. Mushrooms … (gather) in autumn.
Exercise 51. Раскройте скобки, выбрав требующуюся форму глагола.
Например: The porter will (bring, be brought) your luggage to your room. – The porter will bringyour luggage to your room.
Your luggage will (bring, be brought) to your room. - Your luggage will be broughtto your room.
1. They (looked / were looked) for the newspaper everywhere.
2. Babies (look / are looked) after very carefully.
3. The roof of the house will (paint / be painted) soon.
4. She (showed / was shown) us the way.
5. I (didn’t invite / wasn’t invited) to their party.
6. They (are discussing / are being discussed) this question now.
7. Will we (meet/be met) by a man from the travel agency at the station?
8. Will he (take / be taken) them to the Russian museum?
9. They can (leave / be left) the key with the clerk downstairs.
10. Your hat must (leave / be left) in the cloak-room.
Exercise 52. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past или Future Simple Passive.
Например: Milk (to give) to kittens every day. – Milk is givento kittensevery day.
1. The letter … (receive) yesterday.
2. Nick … (send) to Moscow next week.
3. Many houses … (build) in our town every year.
4. Some new metro lines … (construct) now.
5. All the exercises … (do) already in written form.
6. Moscow University … (found) by Lomonosov.
7. At the last competition the first prize … (win) by our team.
8. Your report must … (divide) into two chapters.
9. The lectures … (attend) by all of us.
10. The letter … (post) tomorrow.
Exercise 53. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
Например: You must do three of these exercises tomorrow – Three of these exercises must be done tomorrow.
1. You can find this book in any library.
2. They can cross the river on a raft.
3. The workers can finish the building of the house very soon.
4. I can easily forgive this mistake.
6. You can grow this crop anywhere in Rostov region.
Exercise 54. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
Например: We finished the work in time. – The work was finished in time.
1. The elephant broke the branch of the tree.
2. I think, you should do all the exercises.
3. They have just sent that letter.
4. They grow coffee in Brazil.
5. Thieves didn’t steal the picture by Van Gogh yesterday.
6. Do they build any skyscrapers in your city?
Exercise 55. Передайте следующие предложения в Active Voice.
Например: The room was cleaned and aired by the maid. – The maid cleaned and aired the room.
1. The letters have just been typed by the secretary.
2. Betty was met at the station by Tom.
3. Newspapers are delivered by postmen.
4. This article will be translated by the students at the lesson on Tuesday.
5. All the questions must be answered by the speaker.
6. The door has not been closed by the children.
Exercise 56. Поставьте вопросы к выделенным словам (Passive Voice).
Например: We were asked a lot of questions (how many). – How many questions were we asked?
1. The coats are left in the cloakroom (where). 2. Books are returned to the library at the end of the year (when). 3. The flowers are not watered every day (why). 4. She was told the truth (who). 5. A written test will be given at the next lesson (when). 6. The film was much spoken about.
Exercise 57. Выберите правильную форму глагола.
1. Yesterday we … (invite) to the restaurant by our boss.
a) are invited b) were invited c) invite
2. Look! The bridge … (repair).
a) is being repaired b) is been repaired c) has being repaired
3. The letter and the parcel … (post) tomorrow.
a) will be post b) will being posted c) will be posted
4. Henry … (know) to be a very industrious person.
a) have been known b) is known c) is been known
5. In Greece the Olympic Games … (hold) once in four years.
a) were held b) are being held c) are held
6. The problem … (study) for three years, but we haven’t got any results.
a) has been studied b)has being studied c) was studied
7. His book … (publish) next month.
a) is being publishing b) would be publish c) will be published
8. I … (bear) in a small Russian town not far from Samara.
a) were born b)am born c) was born
Exercise 58. Составьте предложения из данных слов (Passive Voice)
Например: 200 houses/ built/ year/ were – 200 houses were built last year.
1. has/ a cure for cancer/ not/ yet/ found/ been.
2. always/ sold/ love stories/ well/ are.
3. be/ year/ a lot of/ will/ cars/ made/ new/ next.
4. arrested/ during/ four people/ yesterday’s/ were/ football match.
5. laid/ now/ the/ is/ table/ being.
6. not/ the / be/ meeting/ held/ can