Действительный залог 287
Exercise 20. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Simple и подчеркните глаголы.
Например: Peter…..(smoke) ten cigarettes. – Peter smokes ten cigarettes a day.
1. We usually … (have) breakfast at 9 o’clock.
2. Tina … (teach) mathematics at school.
3. I always … (go) to the University by bus.
4. My friend … (speak) four languages.
5. The Earth … (go) round the Sun.
6. My children … (like) playing football very much.
7. These shoes … (cost) a lot of money.
8. The City Museum … (close) at 5 o’clock.
Exercise 21. Поставьте предложения в отрицательной форме.
Например: I play the piano very well. - I don’t play the piano very well.
1. I play football very well.
2. My mother works hard.
3. My brother watches TV very often.
4. On Sundays we go to the restaurants.
5. Their children live in the centre of the town.
6. Every morning I drink a cup of coffee.
Exercise 22. Выберите правильное предложение.
1. a) Peter work in a bank.
b) Peter works in a bank.
2. a) Sally and Tim live in Madrid.
b)Sally and Tim live in Madrid.
3. a) Does she lives in a house or in a flat?
b) Does she live in a house or in a flat?
4. a) How many languages do you speak?
b) How many languages does you speak?
5. a) What time does the bank open?
b) What time does the bank opens?
6. a) Does you like ice-cream?
b) Do you like ice-cream?
Exercise23. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Simple или Past Simple, подчеркните их и переведите их.
1. James usually … (finish) work at 4.30 p.m.
2. Yesterday he … (finish) work at 4.30 p.m.
3. He usually … (go) home by train.
4. Yesterday he … (go) home by taxi.
5. He usually … (have) dinner at home.
6. Yesterday he … (have) dinner in a café.
Exercise24. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Simple.
An American chef from Connecticut Louis Lassen 1) … (make) and 2) … (sell) the first hamburgers in 1895. He 3) … (call) them hamburgers because sailors from Hamburg in Germany 4) … (give) him the recipe. The students from Yale University and businessmen 5) … (love) them and 6) … (buy) them. Kenneth Louis Lassen, a grandson, still sells hamburgers in Connecticut.
Exercise 25. Выберите правильную форму глагола.
1. I … to the shop yesterday.
a) goes b) go c) went
2. Tom … ten minutes ago.
a) wake b) woke c) wakes
3. Lucy … her hat in the bus yesterday.
a) left b) leave c) leaves
4. I…..my aunt last week.
a) see b) saw c) sees
5. How often … visit your grandmother last year?
a) did you b) do you c) does you
6. My brother……a computer last week.
a) didn’t buy b) didn’t bought c) doesn’t buy
Exercise26. Составьте предложения о том, что Том делал вчера. Предложения могут быть утвердительные или отрицательные.
Например: watch /TV - Tom watched TV yesterday.
not/ drink/ coffee/ in the morning – He didn’t drink coffee in the morning yesterday.
1. get up/ at 7.30 a.m.
2. not/ have/ a shower
3. eat/ meat
5. not/ go/ to the cinema
6. go/ to/ bed/ late at night
Exercise27. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Simple, в утвердительной, вопросительной или отрицательной форме.
Например: I played (play) tennis yesterday, but I didn’t win (not/win).
1. We … (wait) for a bus for a long time, but it … (not/ come).
2. That’s a nice shirt. Where … (you/ buy/ it)?
3. Ann … (see) me but she … (not/ speak) to me.
4. … (it/ rain) yesterday? - No, it was a nice day.
5. That was a stupid thing to do. Why … (you/ do/ it)?
6. She wasn’t hungry, so she … (not/ eat) anything.
Exercise28. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Simple или Future Simple.
Tom 1) … (play) tennis every day. He 2) … (play) tennis next Sunday. My mother 3) … (not/ work) on Sunday. My mother 4) … (not/ work) next Sunday. Where 5) … you … (go) every summer? Where 6) … you … (go) next summer?
Exercise29. Выберите правильную форму глагола.
1. How old … you be next year?
a) will b) did c) do
2. Who … meet you at the station?
a) shall b) do c) will
3. Take some sandwiches. You … have time to go to the café.
a) won’t b) will c) shall
4. If you don’t work hard you … pass your examinations.
a) won’t b) will c)did
5. Your English is good. I am sure you … pass your test.
a) shall b) will c) shan’t
Exercise 30. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Future Simple.
I 1) … (go) to my doctor tomorrow. He 2) … (give) me a complete examination. The doctor 3) … (take) my pulse. Then he 4) … (listen to) my heart with a stethoscope. After it he 5) … (take) my blood pressure. Then the doctor 6) … (do) a cardiogram. He is a very good doctor!
Exercise 31. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Future Simple. Предложения могут быть вопросительные или отрицательные.
Например: You (come) to my place? - Will you come to my place?
1. … (you/ read) this book?
2. What …( you/ do) tomorrow?
3. You … (not/help) your mother tomorrow.
4. We ... (not/go) to the Zoo next Sunday.
5. … (your brother/ buy) a new computer next week?
6. Where … (your sister/ go) next year?
Exercise 32. Выберите правильную форму глагола (Present Progressive).
1. Look at Ann. She … a tree.
a) climbing b) is climbing c) am climbing
2. They … for a test now.
a) are studying b) is studying c) am studying
3. Tom … the dog at the moment.
a) walks b) are walking c) is walking
4. I … my favourite book at the moment.
a) is reading b) are reading c) am reading
5. Look! They … football.
a) is playing b) are playing c) play
6. The man in the bank … money now.
a) counts b) are counting c) is counting
This is the dentist’surgery. A few people 1) … (wait) for a dentist. Some children 2) … (play) and their mothers 3) … (talk) to each other. The receptionist (администратор) 4) … (answer) the telephone. A young man 5) … (read) a newspaper. The nurse 6) … (come) into the room to call the next patient.
Exercise 34. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Simple или в Present Progressive.
Every summer Tanya and her family 1) … (go) on holiday. They usually 2) … (stay) in England but at the moment they 3) … (travel) by plane. They 4) … (go) to America. Tanya 5) … (be) very excited. She 6) … (look) out of the window and 7) … (laugh). Her brother 8) … (play) a game. He 9) … (like) airplanes. He 10) … (want) to be a pilot.
Exercise 35. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Simple (I do) или Present Progressive (I am doing).
1. Tom … (have) a bath at the moment.
2. They … (not/ watch) television very often.
3. How often … (you/ read) a newspaper?
4. You can turn off the radio. I … (not/ listen) to it.
5. What time … (she/ finish) work every day?
6. Listen! Somebody … (sing).
7. Where … (you/ go) now?
8. What … (the children/ do) in the garden?
Exercise 36. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Progressive (I am doing) или в Past Progressive (I was doing).
1. My sister … (sleep) now.
2. My sister … (sleep) at this time yesterday.
3. My friends … (play) volley-ball at seven o’clock yesterday.
4. My friends … (play) volley-ball now.
5. What … (you/ do) now? - I … (drink) tea.
6. … (you/ have) tea at this time yesterday? - No, I … (not/ have) tea at this time yesterday, I … (eat)a banana.
7. Why … (she/ cry) now?
8. Why … (she/ cry) when I saw her yesterday?
Exercise 37. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Simple(I did) или в Past Progressive(I was doing).
1. I … (go) to the cinema yesterday.
2. I … (go) to the cinema at 4 o’clock yesterday.
3. I … (do) my homework when my mother came home.
4. I ... (do) my homework yesterday.
5. We … (wash) the floor in our flat from 3 till 4 o’clock yesterday.
6. We … (wash) the floor in our flat yesterday.
Exercise 38. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Future Simple (I will do) или в Future Progressive (I will be doing).
1. Ann … (do) her homework tomorrow.
2. Ann … (do) her homework at 6 o’clock tomorrow.
3. Don’t come to my place tomorrow. I … (write) a composition the whole evening.
4. When you come to my place tomorrow, I … (read) a book.
5. What … (you/ do) at 6 o’clock tomorrow?
6. What … (you/ do) tomorrow?
8. I … (not/ go) to the cinema tomorrow. I … (watch) TV the whole evening.
Exercise 39. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Perfect(have/ has done).
1. I can’t find my passport. I … (lose) it.
2. It’s Tom’s birthday tomorrow. I … (not/buy) him a present yet.
3. Is Nick here? No, he ... (go) to work.
4. Look! Somebody … (break) that window.
5. I can’t find my book. My sister … (take) it.
6. Do you want the newspaper? – No, thanks. I … (read) it.
7. I’m looking for Kate. Where … she … (go)?
8. Are they still having dinner? – No, they … (finish) it.
Exercise 40. Составьте вопросы с Have you/ has he ever….?
Например: you/play/ golf - Have you ever played golf?
1. they / be / to / Australia
2. you / lose / your / key
3. Ann / eat / Chinese food
4. Pete / visited / New York
5. you / win / a lottery
6. you / be / to / Japan
Exercise 41. Выберите правильную форму глагола Past Simple или Present Perfect.
1. Bill went / has gone ten minutes ago.
2. We have lived / lived in Brazil for 6 years.
3. Did you go / Have you gone to Spain last year?
4. The weather was / has been bad last week.
5. They have just arrived / just arrived in Moscow.
6. My friend is a writer. He has written / wrote many books.
Exercise 42. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Perfect (have
done) или в Past Simple (did).
1. … you ever … to Japan? (be)
2. We … married in 1986. (get)
3. I … my work yet. (not finish)
4. We … London three times. (visit)
5. He … home at 7 o’clock last night. (leave)
6. She … a job yet. (not find)
7. My daughter … born three years ago. (be)
8. I … already … three letters. (write)
9.My mother … as a teacher for 30 years. (work)
10. I … never … Chinese food. (try)
Exercise 43. Закончите диалог, поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Perfect или в Past Simple.
John. I don’t know where to go on holiday this year? Have you got any idea?
Mary. 1) … you ever ... (be) to Spain? I 2) … (visit) Madrid last year and I really 3) ... (enjoy) myself.
John. I 4) … (spend) two years in Spain. But I 5)… never … (be) to South America.
Exercise 44. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Perfect (have done) или в Present Perfect Progressive (have been doing).
1. They … (just buy) a new house.
2. The doctor … (examine) patients the whole day.
3. Mr Smith … (teach) English for twenty years.
4. The baby … (cry) for two hours.
5. The boy … (just cut) his finger.
6. I … (know) Tom since my childhood.
7. Ann … (break) the vase.
8. Laura … (type) five letters.
9. I don’t want to see that film again. I … (see) it twice already.
10. Alison is tired. She … (study) for two hours.
Exercise 45. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Perfect.
1. She … (arrive) home by eight o’clock.
2. When I got home she … (already leave).
3. Ann … (clean) the house by 6 o’clock.
4. Mary wasn’t in the office, she … (already go) home.
5. Nick couldn’t pay the bill, he … (lose) the wallet.
6. Mr.Brown bought a new car, after he … (save) enough money.
Exercise 46. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Simple (did) или в Past Perfect (had done). Укажите, какое действие произошло первым.
Например: When I arrived (arrive)at the station, the train had left (leave). Had left- первое действие.
a) When I got home I 1) … (find) that somebody 2) … (break) into my room.
b) John 3) … (eat) all the cakes by the time the other children 4) … (arrive) at the party.
c) Ann 5) … (cook) dinner before her children 6)… (come) home.
d) Nick 7) … (lock) all the windows before he 8) … (leave) his flat.
e) Lucy 9) … (pass) all her exams because she 10) … (study) hard.
Exercise 47. Выберите правильную форму глагола.
1. Tom returned / had returned from the cinema at 5 o’clock.
2. Tom returned / had returned from the cinema by 5 o’clock.
3. I finished / had finished my homework at 7 o’clock.
4. I finished / had finished my homework by 7 o’clock.
5. When I came / had come home, my mother already cooked / had cooked dinner.
6. When I woke / had woken yesterday, my father went / had gone to work.
7. Yesterday I found / had found a book which I lost / had lost in summer.
8. When we came / had come to the station, the train left already / had already left.
9. Where did you work / had you worked before you entered / had entered the University?
10. He studied / had studied French before he entered / had entered the college.
11. When the uncle left / had left, Tom hurried / had hurried to the station to book a ticket.
12. When we entered / had entered the theatre the play had already begun / began.
13. The teacher understood that Lena didn’t do / hadn’t done her homework.
14. I knew that my friend hadn’t come / didn’t come yet.
15. Tom said that he got / had got his education at Cambridge.