C. Answer the questions in full sentences. 207
A. Put the musical instruments into the families they belong to. Write 1.forWind Instruments,2.forPercussion Instruments, 3.forKeyboard Instruments, and4.forString Instruments.
|violin _____||trumpet _____||harp _____||harpsichord _____||organ _____|
|clarinet _____||guitar _____||piano _____||flute _____||maraca _____|
|xylophone _____||tambourine _____||harmonica _____||drum _____||erhu _____|
Name one other musical instrument that you have learned about that doesn’t appear in the box above:___
B. Fill in the missing words. Use the words in the box.
- Musical instruments make ____________________ and the vibrations make ____________________.
- We divide musical instruments into ____________________.
- In each family vibrations are made in a ____________________ way.
- String instruments, such as the violin and harp, have ____________________.
- You play wind instruments by ____________________ them.
- You play percussion instruments by ____________________ or ____________________ them.
- You hit a xylophone with __________________.
- A piano has strings inside it. Small ____________________ make the strings vibrate.
- A clarinet has a ____________________. You make it vibrate with your lips.
- An electronic keyboard uses electrical ____________________ to make sounds.
- You can play the strings of a violin with a ____________________, or you can ____________________ the strings with your fingers.
- You play a flute by blowing ____________________ the hole.
C. Answer the questions in full sentences.
1. Which two instruments that you have learned about can be played with beaters? ____________
2. Which musical instrument has keys, strings and hammers? ____________
3. Which musical instrument can be played with a bow or with one’s fingers? _________________
4. Is a maraca usually played by hitting or shaking it? ___________________
5. Which do you think came first, the piano or the harpsichord? __________
A. Put the musical instruments into the families they belong to. Write1.forWind Instruments,2.forPercussion Instruments, 3.forKeyboard Instruments, and4.forString Instruments.
|violin __4__||trumpet __1__||harp __4__||harpsichord __3__||organ __3__|
|clarinet __1__||guitar __4__||piano __3__||flute __1__||maraca __2__|
|xylophone __2__||tambourine __2__||harmonica __1__||drum __2__||erhu __4__|
Name one other musical instrument that you have learned about that doesn’t appear in the box above:
recorder/gong/electronic keyboard (are all acceptable answers)