Patient Symptoms 415
· I’ve got a high temperature.
· I feel really rough. I’m shattered/exhausted.
· Could you check my blood pressure? I’ve got high blood pressure.
· There’s a sharp pain here. I’ve got a pain in my limbs.
· I feel dizzy. I’ve got a kidney problem. I’ve lost weight.
· I always feel bad after meals. I’ve got a stomach ache.
· I’ve got a splitting headache. I often have nosebleeds.
· I have diarrhoea. I’ve lost my appetite.
· I’ve got circulation problems. I sweat all night.
· My ears are buzzing. I’ve got an upset stomach.
· I’ve sprained my wrist/ankle. My hand/foot is badly swollen.
· I think I’ve pulled a muscle in my leg/arm.
· I’ve had scarlet fever, mumps, the measles.
· Is it something serious? Is this a common problem at my age?
· When will the tests results come in? Are you going to run more tests?
· Do I have to be operated on? Will I need surgery?
· How long do I have to stay in hospital?
· I hope there won’t be any complications.
· Could you prescribe some medicine for me?
· How often should I take this medicine?
· Shall I come back next week if I don’t get better?
At the dentist’s
· I’ve got a pain in my back teeth and my gum is bleeding.
· I’ve lost a filling. My denture’s broken.
· Does the tooth have to be extracted or can you replace the filling?
At the chemist’s
· Would you make up this prescription for me?
· Shake well before use. Not to be taken orally.
· Can I get a packet of vitamin tablets?