Упражнение № 1. Choose the correct variant: 1. John said, “I’m sorry to disturb you, .. 1479
Choose the correct variant:
1. John said, “I’m sorry to disturb you, Eliza”.
A. John said that he was sorry to disturb Eliza.
B. John told Eliza he was sorry to disturb her.
C. John said to Eliza he had been sorry to disturb her.
2. He said, “Where is Jill going?”
A. He asked where was Jill going.
B. He asked where Jill went.
C. He asked where Jill was going
3. Sally said, “I would like to buy it”.
A. Sally said that she would like to buy it.
B. Sally said she would have liked to buy it. Sally said that she would like to buy it.
C. Sally said that she liked to buy it.
4. “If I had any instructions, I would know what to do”, said Mag.
A. Magi said that if she had had any instructions she would have known what to do.
B. Magi said that if she had any instructions she knew what to do.
C. Magi said that if she had any instructions she would know what to do.
5. “Don’t swim too far, dear,” asked Dad.
A. Dad asked him/her not to swim too far.
B. Dad asked him/her don’t swim too far.
C. Dad asked him/her if he/she wouldn’t swim too far.
6. The teacher said to us, “Be quiet, please.”
A. The teacher asked us be quiet.
B. The teacher told us to be quiet.
C. The teacher said to us to be quiet.
7. “Could you show me these jeans, please?” said the boy.
A. The boy said to show him those jeans.
B. The boy asked to show him those jeans.
C. The boy asked if the salesgirl could show him these jeans.
8. The doctor asked, “How do you feel?”
A. The doctor asked how did I feel.
B. The doctor asked how I felt.
C. The doctor asked how I had felt.
9. “Will you be free tomorrow?” Colin asked Richard.
A. Richard asked would Colin be free the next day.
B. Colin asked Richard if he would be free the following day.
C. Colin asked if Richard will be free tomorrow.
10. “Don’t open the door or answer the phone,” said her parents.
A. Her parents said to her not to open the door or answer the phone.
B. Her parents told her not to open the door and to answer the phone.
C. Her parents told her neither to open the door nor to answer the phone.