Question 12 K2. Which of the following statements are TRUE? Regression testing and .. 124
Which of the following statements are TRUE?
- Regression testing and re-testing are the same.
- Regression tests show if all failures have been resolved.
- Regression tests are good candidates for test automation.
- Regression tests are performed to uncover defects as a result of changes in the program.
- Regression tests should not be performed during integration testing.
|A||A and B are true|
|B||A, C and E are true|
|C||C and D are true|
|D||B, D, and E are true|
Sentence A is incorrect – Regression testing is the repeated testing of an already tested program, after modification, to discover any defects introduced or uncovered as a result of the change(s). Re-test is done to confirm that a defect has been successfully removed. (Section 2.3.4).
Sentence B is incorrect – The sentence describes “Re-test”.
Sentence C is correct - Regression test suites are run many times and generally evolve slowly, so regression testing is a strong candidate for automation. (Section 2.3.4)
Sentence D is correct – This is the definition of regression tests. See Section 2.3.4.
Sentence E is incorrect – “Regression testing may be performed at all test levels, and includes functional, non-functional and structural testing.” (Section 2.3.4)